Sunday, June 03, 2007

Summer Break

Wow... hard to believe that it's June already. We're already half way thru 2007.
I don't know about all of you, but I for one am glad that summer is here. I'm not a big fan of cold weather. So, Yippee!

Well, a lot has happened since last I blogged...

The fam & I went up to Pennsylvania to see Tommy (aka Tom, as he is known/called up there) graduate from Lafayette College. He got his BA in Math with a minor in Spanish. Poor thing was having to deal with sinustitus & brochitus the whole time we were there, but he survived by the grace of God. I had never been to New England before and I now know why they call it New England. It really does remind me of England. Everything is very lush and green, lots of rolling hills and farm land, and (unfortunately) cold and rainy. Fortunately, none of us caught pnemonia while we were being rained on and freezing during the whole graduation ceremony.
Tommy, flew home with us, so now he's hanging out with us and looking for a real job now that he's all gra-gi-ate-ed.

I just got my grades from Criswell, and Praise The Lord! I passed all my classes, especially Hebrew. WooHoo! So, now I'm on summer break, and classes start again Aug. 20.

I'm also excited because in about 2 weeks, Tommy & I are gonna get to go to CA to visit our Uncle Emil, Aunt Elizabeth (my dad's sister), and their family. Emil & Elizabeth came to TX last summer to visit my family, and I really enjoyed getting to know them better and hanging out with them. They are so sweet, and I just know Tommy and I are gaonna have a blast.

My congratulations to Josh and Beth on their beautiful wedding yesterday! It was very sweet and touching, and Beth... great choice of exit music... Firefly/Mal's Theme was awesome!

Also, a few girls from our ABF class are getting together during the week to go thru the book Lady In Waiting. It is an absolutely amazing book! I first read it in 2001, and the Lord really used it to open my eyes to see what a godly woman is suppose to be. The book walks thru ten godly characteristics displayed in the life of Ruth (from the Bible), and most importantly, it helped me to understand and develop a love relationship with Christ. That was a totally foreign concept to me back when I was 21. I highly recommend it for any single, divorced, or widowed ladies of any age. Or for men who want to have a better understanding of women, I would recommend the book to you too.

Hope all is well with you! Till next time. Adios!

1 comment:

Ranee said...

Hi Wendy! Long time no see or talk. I have tried to add you on myspace but I don't know any of the information to add you. lol

Now I thought I would try my hand at a blog but life gets kinda crazy. I have to add my special touches to it still.

Its funny your talking about Lady in Waiting. I remember when we did the second class with you and Robin you were trying to tell me something in a nice way and it just wasn't clicking at the time. Now I think I wish I had just gotten what she was trying to tell me but alas we all learn the hard way.

Had to take a mini break to draw Hunter a car. lol

Have a wonderful trip to CA!

Ranee