Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Glitches

Oh, the wonder of technology...

I find it oh so annoying and more than just a little frustrating how one small glitch can ruin a perfectly good mood. For clarification...
Last night, I spent 2 hours on here writing an entry. I was venting, rambling, and actually ended up with something rather profound, deep, meaningful, spiritual, and encouraging. I was quite pleased that in 2 hours, I was able to express some frustrations, concerns, and worries, and had allowed the Lord to minister to me through my writing. I even ended the entry with a prayer that refreshed me and brought me back to my senses. When I was finished, I was so looking forward to clicking on the "Publish Post" button and sharing my little blurb with all of you.
However...
Right before I clicked on the happy orange button, a little voice inside my head asked, "Aren't you going to spell check your entry first?"
I pondered for a second and thought, "That's a good idea."
So, without another moment's hesistation, I clicked on the spell check button, and I tell you, every rational, practical, non-computer-trusting particle in my brain screamed (in slow motion, of course) "Nooooooooooo!" the nano-second after the small, innocent-looking spell check button had been pressed.
I'll give you 2 guesses as to what happened next, but you'll only need one. That's right! I lost everything. The next thing I see is a blank, white, empty screen. Words cannot even express my frustration and utter outrage at my myself and my computer...

But after a few minutes, the Holy Spirit gently comforted me (to be honest, the last thing I wanted was to be comforted. I was quite content to sulk like a little child who didn't get her way).


"God is in control," I felt the Spirit remind me. This glitch did not suprise Him. In fact, He allowed it to happen, and strange to even fathom that maybe it was His plan all along for me to spend a gruelling 2 hours writting and then lose it all. "Why?" I asked Him.

I did not get an answer. Instead, I came to realize that that entry was just for me and my Father. What was said, was for me. I would have liked to have used the entry to encourage others, but I know that I would not be able to re-write it even if I wanted to. I may not understand why annoyances, glitches, and flops happen, but I can learn from them (ie. always click Publish first, edit later!) and I can rest in the knowledge that though I may not understand why bad things happen God knows why and He can see the big picture. I can't see tomorrow, but He can see past, present, furture and eternity.

If God is for us, then who can be against us?
God works all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

No comments: