Friday, May 19, 2006

Wait For God's Best

Today at work, Linda, my boss, was telling me about the day she spent yesterday at her lake house with her dear friend, Bev Brown. Bev is one of the leaders for the older single ladies Bible study at church. While they both were talking, praying, and planning the upcoming fall Bible study, Linda happened to find a letter that someone had written a few years to her little cell group. She brought it with her to work today and shared it with me. It really touched my heart, so I thought I would share it with you as well.

Wait For God's Best
Author Unknown

Everyone longs to give himself or herself to another human being, to have a deep soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But, God says to the Christian…

No, not until you are satisfied and fulfilled and content being loved by Me alone… I love you, my child. Until you discover that only in Me lies your satisfaction, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me, exclusive of anyone or anything else, exclusive of any other desires or longings. I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan, one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have the best.

Please allow Me to bring it to you. You must keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things, keep experiencing the satisfaction of knowing that I am, keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must wait. Don’t be anxious.

Don’t look around at the things others have gotten or received from Me. You must keep from looking off and away. Look up to Me or you’ll miss the things I want to show you, and then, when you’re ready, I’ll surprise you with a love more wonderful than you would have ever dreamed. You see, until you are ready and until the one I have for you is ready…

I am working even this minute to have you both ready at the same time… until you are both living exclusively for Me and the life I’ve prepared for you, you won’t be able to experience the love that reflects your relationship with Me, Prefect Love. And dear one, I want you to experience by the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me and to enjoy materially and completely the everlasting union of Beauty and Perfection and Love that I offer you through Myself.

Believe, and be satisfied…

No comments: